Terms of Services
- Terms: In these Terms of Services:
"UBM Asia" means UBM Asia Limited;
"User" means users of the Website comprising Members and Visitors;
"Supplier Member" means a User who has agreed to subscribe to the Website and has paid UBM Asia any applicable membership fee;
"Registered Visitor" means any User of the Website who hascompleted a registration form as required by UBM Asia, and is approved by UBM Asia to access permitted parts of the Website;
"Unregistered Visitor" means any User of the Website who is not a Supplier Member or a Registered Visitor and the one can access only part of the Website;
"Visitor" means Registered Visitors and Unregistered Visitors;
"Website" means JewelleryNetAsia.including but not limited to the information and services provided by JewelleryNetAsia
"Portal" means JewelleryNetAsia, including but not limited to the information and services provided by JewelleryNetAsia.
- Acceptance of Terms: These Terms of Services constitute a valid and binding agreement between UBM Asia and the User relating to the User's use of the Website. By accessing the Website or clicking on the "Accept", "Submit" button or similar buttons or any links designated by UBM Asia, the User should accept the Terms of Services set at this webpage as binding upon and its use of the Website.
- Visitors: Registered Visitors may access those parts of the Website and use those services which (in UBM's discretion) are made available to Registered Visitors in addition to Members. Unregistered Visitors may access only those parts of the Website and use only those Services which (in UBM's discretion) are not restricted to Members and/or Registered Visitors. Visitors shall not access, or attempt to access, non-public parts of the Website or utilise the password and/or account of any Member.
- Member Account, Password, and Security: Members shall receive a log-in name and a password after subscribing to UBM Asia's services and agreeing to these Terms of Services. Registered Visitors shall receive a log-in name and a password after their registration is approved by UBM Asia and agreeing to these Terms of Services. User shall keep the same confidential, and is entirely responsible for any use of the same by third parties if the User does not maintain the confidentiality of the log-in name and password. Furthermore, the User is entirely responsible for any and all activities, which occur under the User account and all costs incurred.
- Access to Services: Both Members and Visitors have access to the various free services (determined by UBM Asia) which are made available to all Users. Members will have access to paid services as made available to Members by UBM Asia from time to time. UBM Asia may create additional classes of User and may impose different or additional terms of services for each class of User. UBM Asia reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate access to any service on UBM Asia's system at any time to Members and/or Visitors for any reason without notice or refund, including the right to require any Member or Registered Visitor to change his/her login identification code or password and to prohibit or restrict access until this is done.
- Modifications to Terms of Services: UBM Asia may change these Terms of Services (or the terms of service for one or more classes of User) from time to time without individual notice to and consent of the User. If the User does not agree to any changes, the User must return a formal written notification either by fax or conventional post to UBM Asia to terminate the User's uses of the Service at that time. Otherwise the changes will be deemed as accepted by the User upon continued use of the Website. User's continued use of the Service affirms on each occasion of use: (1) acknowledgment by User of the Terms of Services and its modifications; and (2) agreement by User to abide and be bound by the Terms of Services and its modifications.
- Dealings between Members and Visitors: Use of the Website may permit Members and Visitors to contact each other and enter into contractual and other arrangements between them ("Dealings"). UBM Asia is not a party to any such Dealings, and accepts no liability to any Member or Visitor in relation thereto. UBM Asia is not responsible for any acts or omissions of a Member or Visitor, the quality, safety or legality of any goods or services offered by any Member or Visitor, or for any representations, warranties or undertakings given by a Member or Visitor. Each Member or Visitor is solely responsible for satisfying itself as to the terms of any Dealing with another Member or Visitor and UBM Asia have no liability whatsoever in relation thereto.
- User's Conduct: User's use of the Website is subject to all applicable, local, state, national and international laws and regulations. User agrees to comply with Hong Kong law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Hong Kong through the Website; not to use the Website for illegal purposes; not to interfere to disrupt networks connected to the Website; and to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the Website. The Website makes use of the Internet to send and receive certain messages; therefore, User's conduct is subject to Internet regulations, policies and procedures. User agrees not to transmit through the Website any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. User further agrees not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. Attempts to gain unauthorised access to any computer systems related to or supporting the Website are prohibited. Each Member is solely responsible for the contents of his or her listing through the Service. UBM Asia may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate the Services or access to any part of the Website for a Member or Visitor should their conduct fail to conform to the terms listed in these Terms of Services. Where Users collaborate with each other as a result of use of the Website, they do so as independent contracting parties and the User acknowledges that UBM Asia will not in any way be construed as a party to such collaboration nor be liable or responsible in any way for the dealings of such collaboration or the parties to such collaboration.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: (A) USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. (B) UBM ASIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. (C) UBM ASIA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET USER'S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES UBM ASIA MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF ANY SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE. (D) USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA POSTED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS RECEIVED AT USER'S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO USER'S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE POSTING OR DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/ OR DATA. (E) UBM ASIA MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE FROM A MEMBER OR UBM ASIA OR ANY DEALINGS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE. (F) UBM ASIA HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING MADE BY ANY MEMBER OR VISITOR IN DEALINGS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER OR VISITOR. (G) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM UBM ASIA OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
- Limitation of Liability: (A) UBM Asia will not be liable for any delays in delivery and/or non-delivery of materials, services and/or data in the event of an act of God, action by any government entity, transportation, strike, network difficulties, electronic malfunction, etc. related to the Website howsoever arising. (B) UBM Asia does not represent or warrant that the Website will meet the objectives or needs of the User. (C) In no event will UBM Asia be liable for any failure, disruption, downtime, interruption, delay, inaccuracy or any other nonperformance related to the Website. (D) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL UBM ASIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USER'S ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE, FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE WEBSITE, OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF USER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF UBM ASIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
In the event that this exclusion of liability is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful but that liability may be lawfully limited, UBM Asia's aggregate total liability to any User for all such damages and losses shall be limited to the greater of the subscription fees paid by the User suffering loss during the 12 months preceding the event giving rise to liability and US$100.
- Proprietary Rights:
The use of this Website by any user remains within UBM Asia's exclusive proprietary control. UBM Asia or the Website's content providers own or licence all intellectual property rights to any and all protectable components of the Website and its contents. Users are not allowed to copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, distribute, reverse engineer, de-compile or dissemble any aspect of the Website and its contents in any format without the prior written permission from UBM Asia or the content providers.
UBM Asia respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. UBM Asia may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users who infringe the copyright rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us immediately and provide us with relevant information. Once notice is given to us, we will expeditiously carry out appropriate investigation and action.
This Website may contain information provided by third party providers or sourced by UBM Asia from other references. That information may not be regarded as any recommendation or endorsement by UBM Asia for any purpose with respect to any person, company, product or service. UBM Asia is not responsible if any such information is not update and UBM Asia does not separately verify such information. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information and any use of such information is at User’s own risk.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any query on contents or repurposing of contents.
- Indemnification: User agrees to indemnify and hold UBM Asia, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees, harmless from any and all liability, damages, losses, claims (including reasonable legal fees) made by any third party due to or arising out of User's use of the Website, or the infringement by User, or other user of the Website using User's computer, or any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. In addition, each Member and Visitor agrees to indemnify and hold UBM Asia, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless from any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims (including reasonable legal fees) made by any Member and Visitor or third party as a result of any Dealings between them, directly or indirectly through use of the Website.
- Legal Expenses: The User agrees to bear all legal expenses that may be incurred by UBM Asia for the recovery of all overdue billings, charges and damages for breach of this agreement by the User.
- Links to third party sites: The linked sites in the Website are not under the control of UBM Asia and UBM Asia is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
- Suspension of Service: In the event of default by Member in payment, UBM Asia reserves the right to suspend all Services and access until balance brought current.
- Conflicting Terms: No condition which conflicts with these conditions is binding on UBM Asia or the User unless it is in writing and signed by or on behalf of both parties.
- Governing Law: Each User agrees that the agreement between the User and UBM Asia constituted in these Terms of Services, and the User's use of the Website, and any dispute arising in any way in relation to the Website, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.
- English Language Version to Prevail: These Terms of Services may be published in English and Chinese language versions. In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the same, the English language version shall prevail. The Chinese language version shall not be translated into English for the purposes of comparison or as an explanation of the English language version.