The June Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair has seen visitors up 14 percent from 2011, with growth both in exhibition space and exhibitor numbers as well.
As one of Asia’s top three jewellery events, the June Fair received 25,560 visitors from 117 countries and regions and 1,790 exhibitors from 36 countries and regions – both new records for the fair. Exhibition space of both fine jewellery and jewellery-related material increased to 64,000 square metres.
The total number of trade visitors at the June Fair reached a new record of 25,560, up 13.8 percent compared to 2011. These visitors came from 117 countries and regions.
Hong Kong-based visitors totalled 10,544, accounting for about 40 percent of the total number of visitors. The rest of the visitors: 15,016, or about 60 percent of the overall total, were from overseas, a growth of 16 percent from last year. Buyers from China formed the biggest group of visitors from outside Hong Kong with 7,009, while buyers from India followed, with 854 visitors.
Celine Lau, Director of Jewellery Fairs, UBM Asia, said: “The significant figures in visitor attendance from China and India highlight the continued strength of these two countries’ jewellery markets. What was even more encouraging was the growth in visitor attendance from Sri Lanka and South Africa of 76 and 71 percent, respectively.”
Workshops: Online Marketing Workshops Held During June Fair