The JNA Awards has quickly grown to become one of the most prestigious award ceremonies in the international jewellery industry. However, it is still looking for a permanent home.
This year the event was held in the ballroom of the Regal Airport Hotel. While the location was different the show retailed its elaborate stage setting, congratulatory atmosphere, variety of international acts, speeches from industry leaders, and of course the award presentations.
2015 JNA Awards was held in the ballroom of the Regal Airport Hotel
It was another night in which the glitz and glamour of the Asian jewellery industry was well represented. In its fourth year, the award program is organized by the jewellery industry publication, JNA (Jewellery News Asia), the awards gala dinner was the centrepiece of a year-long effort to recognize individuals and companies that have distinguished themselves in the jewellery industry. The event was attended by more than 500 industry stakeholders and was held in conjunction with the world’s largest fine jewellery B2B show, the September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair.
The top recipient this year was Ou Yang Chiu Mei, who received the Lifetime Achievement Award, JNA’s highest honour. This tribute is presented to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the gemstone and jewellery industry.
Lifetime Achievement Award: Ou Yang Chiu Mei
Ou Yang is an internationally acclaimed gemologist and mineralogist whose research, scientific discoveries and knowledge application have contributed to the growth and development of the jadeite trade.
Her long list of accomplishments includes identifying a new mineral in the Burmese jadeite group, defining the official terminology for jade, identifying the presence of enhancement and treatment of jade in Hong Kong and producing a set of criteria for identifying and grading different jade types. Her passionate pursuit of knowledge has earned her the title “Jade Lady” among industry insiders.
The JNA Awards honours exceptional leadership and world-class innovation in the jewellery and gemstone industry, said Letitia Chow, founder of JNA, director of Business Development – Jewellery Group at UBM Asia and chair of the JNA Awards judging panel.
Letitia Chow, founder of JNA
“As you can imagine, going through the rigorous judging process and be named as one of our honorees is an outstanding achievement in itself,” Chow said. “Each year, the honorees demonstrate how we can do business in a smarter, more creative and efficient way. They refuse to be complacent by displaying great resilience and forward thinking, and embracing challenges with an open mind.”
She continued, “With the JNA Awards, we help create a new culture of encouragement, recognition and celebration rather than competition. Collectively, we can reach higher grounds, and we want the world to understand us–the jewellery industry–better.”
The JNA Awards honours exceptional leadership and world-class innovation in the jewellery and gemstone industry.
The 18 award recipients across 15 categories are as follows:
1. 3 Decades of Excellence: Hong Kong Jewellery & Jade Manufacturers Association
2. Brand of the Year – Retail: Chii Lih Coral Co Ltd
3. Employer of the Year: Phu Nhuan Jewelry Joint Stock Co
4. Industry Innovation of the Year:
China Stone Co Ltd
Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd
Shenzhen United BlueOcean Technology Development Co Ltd
Shree Ramkrishna Exports Pvt Ltd
5. Manufacturer of the Year – Gemstone Cutting & Polishing: RMC Gems India Ltd
6. Manufacturer of the Year – Diamond Cutting & Polishing: Hari Krishna Exports Pvt Ltd
7. Manufacturer of the Year – Gem-Set Jewellery: Lorenzo Jewelry Ltd
8. Manufacturer of the Year – Precious Metals-Only Jewellery: Shenzhen Ganlu Jewelry Co Ltd
9. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – ASEAN Countries: PANDORA Production Co Ltd
10. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – India: J. B. And Brothers Pvt Ltd
11. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – Mainland China: Shenzhen Batar Investment Holding Group Co Ltd
12. Retailer of the Year (450 outlets and below): Golden dew Co Ltd
13. E-tailer of the Year: KELA
14. Sustainability Initiative of the Year: Shenzhen Xingguangda Jewelry Industrial Co Ltd
15. Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Age 40 or below): Sit Kwan - Shenzhen Bofook Jewellery Co Ltd
The JNA Awards was supported by Headline Partners Rio Tinto Diamonds and Chow Tai Fook, together with Honoured Partners Diarough Group, Gübelin Group, Israel Diamond Institute Group of Companies, Shanghai Diamond Exchange and Guangdong Land Holdings Ltd.
Everything is in place to make the awards a permanent part of the international jewellery industry. All it needs now is a home.